The Scooter Commuter
At Wheels to Work, we believe in our scooters.
The scooter commuter is fastly becoming more popular on the roads, and some of you may be asking why?
In this blog, we’ll break down exactly why you should be joining our two-wheel revolution, and what hiring from us can give you…
REASONS TO RIDE A SCOOTER:
- Firstly, scooters are much cheaper to run compared to cars and motorcycles, especially because of the extras we provide.
- We include tax, MOT and delivery in one affordable hire package.
- Scooters burn far less fuel and have more efficient engines. That is to say, you won’t be sitting in traffic and pumping out fumes which are harmful to the environment.
- The average miles per gallon on two wheels is much higher than it is on four.
- A car will do an average of 50.5mpg, but a 125cc scooter will do around 90mpg – in other words, they’re fuel efficient.
RIDE WITH EASE
- Work may be a pain but your ride in doesn’t need to be, as our scooters are easy to handle and comfortable to use.
- Therefore, you’ll get from A to B stress-free.
- First-time hirers of our 50cc’s have effortless handling of the scooter. Most importantly, this will help build up confidence in your riding ability.
- Likewise, 50cc’s can only reach a top speed of 30mph which is perfect for inner towns and cities.
- Use a scooter and you’ll have a shorter journey time.
- This means no more sitting in idle traffic; with a scooter, you can move through it.
- Moreover, did you know that scooters can legally travel in certain bus lanes? Make sure you keep an eye on the signage: if it has a motorcyclist, you can travel in it and if not, don’t!
PARKING IS A DREAM
- It’s easy to find a space.
- Furthermore, many councils and multi-storey car parks don’t charge for parking of two-wheeled vehicles.
SAVE THAT SPACE
- It might seem obvious but with a scooter, you’ll take up far less space than a car and it is convenient to store.
SIMPLE TO GET STARTED WITH
- You’ll need to complete a CBT – this is a day course which runs you through the basics and is a necessity for hire.
- Can start riding from the age of 16 and on a provisional licence.
- The protective gear for a scooter is much cheaper and easier to get in and out of than the leathers and equipment needed for motorcycles.
We hope this might help push you towards one of our amazing scooters, just get in touch if you have any questions or would like to apply.
At Wheels to Work Silverstone, we have one motto: Go Further for Your Future!