01327 857213 info@wheelstowork.net

Unlock Your Freedom

May 12, 2021

Scooter Hire

Unlock Your Freedom – the MCIA (Motorcycle Industry Association) have launched a very useful tool to find out what licence and qualifications you need to ride, legally on the road.

At Wheels to Work Silverstone we often get asked if you need a CBT (Compulsory Basic Training) certificate before you can hire a scooter from us. The short answer is usually ‘yes’ but the website provides a step-by-step tool so you can put in your own licence details and the guide will let you know what you can ride or what you need to do get on the road.

If you have a current driving or provisional licence but you do need to take your CBT before you can ride then you can also put in your post code or address details and find out MCIA approved CBT training schools in your area.

The website gives you lots of tools to get you on your first bike. If you would like to pay weekly for your scooter, then from £40 per week, Wheels to Work Silverstone can offer a full service package that includes:

  • Scooter hire
  • Delivery
  • Servicing
  • Insurance

That means you can budget more easily and don’t have to worry about unexpected costs.

If you are on universal credit but have secured a job or work under the KickStart scheme you may also be able to get funding for your first four months of scooter hire.

To find out more please call us on 01327 857213 or apply to hire your scooter through Wheels to Work Silverstone now.

To find out if you have what you need to ride on the road already, head to the Unlock Your Freedom website.